Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Module Turned OFF still shows up Help Please

12-26-2008, 02:08 PM
# 1 (permalink)
megankaz
Using YJ Moviestudio
http://www.cfcamerica.org

Advert1 Advert 2
User 1

Module positions set to only show up on front page.
However.

If I click any article in the Headlines or Read More in any Front Page news article...

The modules in advert 1, 2 and User 1 still show up.
Very strange.

Help Please.
12-26-2008, 02:39 PM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
if clicking links in advert2 positions , it works fine , if clicking links in advert1 the modules stay, could be that modules are assigned to a section as well , when assigning them to home page , scroll down available pages and see if some other links are includes
12-26-2008, 03:42 PM
# 3 (permalink)
megankaz
I never got to say:::

MERRY CHRISTMAS, and Happy New Year!
I hope you and your family , friends are having an enjoyable holiday... hopefully you did not eat too much home cooked food!

Back to the issue.

I now notice, the problem is systemic to:

Front Page, Read More buttons of all articles on front page.
All news items in the News Section/Catagory

I have a LOT of other sites linked to the Articles, So, I very scared of doing anything that will change the Article Links.
I get a LOT of traffic on this site.

When I open up the Headlines module, it is only associated with Advert1 Home Page.
Is that what you mean?
12-27-2008, 06:29 PM
# 4 (permalink)
neo
changing module position or assignment will not affect links , I am not sure how you made your news items , but if your news items belong to section which is itemid 1 than you will have trouble since that is default homepage